Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reza Abedini




Reza Abedini is another artist/designer I mentioned earlier and thought I would post to the blog. Visually, his work often combines text and image in a unique and harmonious way. He often uses stark b/w images with arabic script and latin text along with subtle color combinations. I thought his work might be a source of inspiration for the layout team if anyone has the opportunity to really combine text/image and play with the arabic script.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I LOVE the look of these, but I think we could have a lively debate about how harmoniously I think the text has been integrated! : ) English profs...

Michael Hersrud said...

Haha! Yes, I suppose that is true. I worked with an English professor and her students as part of a letterpress workshop using poetry. We had different views on what is 'expressive' typography and how far we can break the structure of the poem. The funny thing is that although I love seeing expressive type combined with image, I really never to it myself and I am often pretty critical of why someone wold do it. I think I'm becoming overly pragmatic in my aged years as a designer.