Friday, October 21, 2011

Computer version of the illustrations






6 comments:

Fatma Al-Remaihi said...

WONDERFUL! The moment I saw them I said: Samurai Jack! :D

Patty said...

These images are visually strong, and I think they negotiate the violence of The Donkey Lady very well. The images convey the scary aspects of the story without being too overt. They allow a lot of room for the imagination.

To build on the conversation we had by email, I can see some of the images extending to the text page--for example, the road can continue over to the text page to create visual interest on the text page, while also helping to connect visuals and text.

It'll be fun figuring out how to incorporate the text, though also a challenge since the text you worked with was adapted from a screenplay. I think I'll have to put it into traditional story form, and then work with you and the team to decide what text we need to move the narrative forward.

Mariam AS said...

Hussein they turned out awesome! So exciting XD

Mariam AS said...

Hussein I was looking over these again and have one comment. For the one with the woman knitting telling the children a story, perhaps make her arms coming out more. I see the hands but it could be more clear.

Felicity said...

These are looking good!

Are there going to be more of them? I think the style is fun, and the story would benefit from expanding on these.

wanasah said...

Hey Girls,

Thanks for all the kind words, I'm adding 5 more illustrations and some minor adjustments.

See you soon!

Best,
Hussein