Hi all, here's what i've been playing with this week.
I feel like finally I know how I really want to render this, with lots of linework and building on contrast with color as more of supplement. (look at the posts that I'll add later from Jane Eyre)
Some of these have been updates from the last post but others are new.
I've added two new scenes altogether, with the witch using a telescope to spy on Hadeedo and another with the witch entering hadeedo's house telling her to come for a walk, saying "I get so lonely walking by
myself".
The first image has to do with the witch showing her teeth to bite hadeedo. I was thinking of how to illustrate that idea sans the violence and horror, so it will be shown first with the image of the witch's tooth collection. Second with the witch installing her tooth at a later time in the story, and third, the witch checks out her tooth in her giant mirror.
I'm having a little illustrator's block though with the environments so I've left those kind of dull for the moment..Any suggestions?
Happy eid all :D




2 comments:
hey Mariam :)
i really like the style your using. You have really made it your own.
As for the environments: I think its not necessary to always have them. This lets us focus on whats going on in the image. However, I see in the bottom image you have some kind of door and walls. You could just continue that into the other images. She is still in the same room right? Keep it simple if the background isnt something important to the story.
Oh you could change the color of the wall/background depending on your characters mood or the mood of the story as it changes.
Hope that helps and makes sense :)
Thanks Ameera. Yeah it'd make sense just to alter a few things and make them stand out. Especially for a comic, simplicity works better to emphasize things no?
I'll keep at it then.
Post a Comment