Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rough ideas for Hadeed Hadeeco






Hi all, here are some rough chicken scratches showing you some of the ideas I've had for my new story.

The main charcters are a witch and a goat (hadeed hadeeco). I won't go in to too much explanation but what I've been thinking about mostly was how to keep elements of magic in the story and play with the imagination a little. (I've been thinking of things like what if the witche's house were upside down, or floating perhaps. Other ideas include playing with size and proportions of things, like giant melons to hide inside).

Also, as the story deals with animal and human interaction, I've been looking at how the characters and setting of the story can illustrate the two blending so to speak, with animal or human characteristics.

My witch for example, has been based on a series of owls that I've been looking at. The bird that I've drawn is actually in the story a palm tree. In the story, it mentions that birds hide in the palm trees, but then I thought it'd be more interesting to see it as a bird that could shelter the goat, then carry it away to safety.

Off to continue some more, hopefully soon I'll be able to develop my characters more.

No comments: