Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Golden cow work










Hi all,

Here are some of the drawings we've put together for our story. We've done tons more, but this is the direction we're sort of leading towards, showing our characters in definition. The drawings here are just a few layers- we've been combining them with watercolors and laying over scans of traditional materials.

Another element is that we've been working on ideas on how to make it interactive, for example our gold smith's arm will be able to move showing that he's hammering the gold pieces.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I think these sketches are great! I really love the cow, and the people. I think the style of drawing is perfect for a book targeting young readers.

When I was in our workspace, I had a good look at all the research/process work you did. Really impressive work, and it will help all the stories.

At this point, this team really needs to move into story board phase---think of quick sketching, even using stick figures to get the story down on paper.